Asphalt pavement is not only 100% recyclable but is the most recycled material in the U.S. No road or highway lasts forever. But replacing asphalt road surfaces is cost-effective and environmentally friendly because asphalt is 100% recyclable. Through a process called milling, only the amount of existing roadway needing rehabilitation is removed, allowing a new surface to be applied right over the original construction.
Louisville Paving and Construction Company has the latest equipment necessary to grind off the old pavement, recycle the old material, and install a fresh layer of asphalt without altering the elevation of the roadway. Not only does this speed construction, minimizing disruption to the public, but it provides a safer, smoother road by matching existing curbs and drains.
Advantages of Milling:
- Milled asphalt is 100% recyclable. By incorporating the old, milled asphalt we actually reduce the amount of virgin materials required in new asphalt production.
- It's cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- It saves precious landfill space as well as additional trucking costs.
- Surface drainage is improved
- Existing curb and gutter reveals are maintained
- Surface planarity is restored.
- It's time efficient: under most circumstances, traffic flow can be maintained and able to immediately travel on the milled surface.